Problem with stones

Steem

Hello! Please tell me why there is no complete coverage of stones on the map? Standard size card 2x. I checked the densityMap_stones file, the resolution is correct 4096x4096px.

345.jpg

2 hours ago, WrinkleysRule said:

Have the stones been placed in that area ?

Quick way to check is to convert the densityMap.stones.gdm to a png using the grle converter v7.0.1 (available here https://gdn.giants-software.com/downloads.php)

then open it in an image editor and increase the contrast until the stones layout is visible.

I checked the DensityMap_stones. Yes, the stones are located in the same place as on the map. There is also an empty square without stones. Tell me how can I fix this?

Because if I create a new PNG for the rocks, the rocks I placed with the brush will disappear...

I also launched the map, saved the game and tried to take the file created by the game, but it also turned out to be an empty square, without stones.

• Wrinkley

The only way of "fixing this" is to carry on placing stones where you want them.

Bear in mind that stones added in GE (Terrain Editing -Foliage Layer Painting --Foliage Layer --stone) will be saved to the maps/data/densityMap.stones.gdm file , whereas any stones added in game (Construction Brush) will only be saved in the save game folder densityMap.stones.gdm file.

Should you wish to update the main maps/data/densityMap.stones.gdm with any new additions added in game then simply copy/paste the save game densityMap.stones.gdm file to the maps/data/ folder replacing original (renaming original to backup_densityMap.stones.gdm first to avoid any problems that may occur).

On 3/22/2024 at 9:47 PM, WrinkleysRule said:

The only way of "fixing this" is to carry on placing stones where you want them.

Bear in mind that stones added in GE (Terrain Editing -Foliage Layer Painting --Foliage Layer --stone) will be saved to the maps/data/densityMap.stones.gdm file , whereas any stones added in game (Construction Brush) will only be saved in the save game folder densityMap.stones.gdm file.

Should you wish to update the main maps/data/densityMap.stones.gdm with any new additions added in game then simply copy/paste the save game densityMap.stones.gdm file to the maps/data/ folder replacing original (renaming original to backup_densityMap.stones.gdm first to avoid any problems that may occur).

Thank you!