Terrain paint issue

Zxodiacx

Hey guys,

I have a long, winding spline I'm trying to paint and I'm using a short spline overlaid to test settings.  Both have identical settings in the TP ua but the results are quite different as the short spline paints wider than the longer.  Is there something I'm missing?  Also, @WrinkleysRule, I have an idea I'd like to bounce off of you, is pm here the best way to contact you?

splinepaint.jpg

• Wrinkley

If the spline hasn't been rotated and instead the S and E points have been moved to align with the first spline you will still get a distortion as the script paints along the 'X' axis and either side using the 'Z' axis

so what you have done is create a curve by moving the 'S' point down and the 'E point up.

Any deviation from the straight 'X' axiis will be seen as a curve.

One way of avoiding this is to select the 'S' cv and delete it this will move the rotation point to the centre of the spline and create a new 'S' cv so any futher adjustment is done by just the 'E' cv

Either way, must have been a bug in the spline.  You can see there's no cp where the gizmo is if you zoom.  I replaced it and it's working as intended.

place spline, move S, delete E.  That is all I ever do. Unless I'm dragging it around to make a shape, of course.

21 hours ago, Zxodiacx said:

scratch that.... it did it again.. It has to be an unrelated bug. I'm convinced it has nothing to do with the scripts.

And today that same spline is fine. I know it's not related to the script but I would sure like to know what's going on if anyone has an idea.

• Wrinkley

The only way I can replicate your 'problem' is to put the spline into a seperate transform group as shown below, when a spline inside a TG roup is selected it will always show the position of its parent TG as well as the spline cv's.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 114535.png

even dragging one of the points north as you suggest makes no difference as the you can still only select the 'S' or 'E' cv's not any other point

Screenshot 2024-02-23 114822.png

To be honest we seem to going round in circles with this and I don't have any answers (at the moment, somebody else may be able to shed light on this) to your specific problem, so all I can suggest is to start from scratch either using the default GE scripts or using the latest scripts/tutorials.

well, so far, painting in that one section is the only issue I've noticed.  I guess (and I'm gonna use a big word I never get to use) the quandary is, what else is it or will it affect?  Either way, it is what it is at this point.  Thanks for all your help.