Slow Script

Blizzardstorms

Hi Guys please help, i have a high end pc and runs everything just fine and fast, only thing i have a problem with is the "terrain height by spline" it takes over 42 minits to execute the command on a small 1km piece and no hectic levels just a small piece to come up to meet road height. what am i missing, if this takes that long then i will not be able to use it 😞 its faster to just level ground manually lol

• Wrinkley

It would appear from your image you are using Spline Street Constructor and not the terrainHeightSetup/terrainHeight scripts  from the Updated Spline Scripts zip, they are completely different scripts and cannot be used together.

I suggest you use the default GE Set Terrain Height Script

Scripts -- Terrain -- Set Terrain Height by Spline

and just set the width and smoothing distance

Hi i am using the attached scripts, i only added  street constructor pic to show the qty of posts before rendering road, the scripts i use are downloaded from this site all of them work nicely just leveling is a killer, paint also takes a while but that is when i do LONG sections and that is understandable. am i doing something wrong ?

REF: i use the same method as the video from bauer brown if that helps

terrainHeight.lua terrainHeightSetUp.lua

• Wrinkley

If I read the Spline street constructor correctly you have a road width of 16m and verge widths of 5m making am overall width of 26m and 1km long, this along with a csv setting of 1m it is no wonder the script is taking a time to finish.

As I said in the previous post

I suggest you use the default GE Set Terrain Height Script

Scripts -- Terrain -- Set Terrain Height by Spline

and just set the width and smoothing distance

Or the Spline Height Panel script available here

https://farmerboysmodding.com/index.php?/topic/2439-new-spline-paint-height-csv-field-creationdimension-panel-scripts/

• Wrinkley

Just as aside I personally don't use Spline Street Constructer as I prefer the Blender method as it is much more flexible and allows creation of custom junctions.

I believe Bauer Brown has recently done a 30min video using this method 

Further tutorial available here

https://farmerboysmodding.com/index.php?/topic/2413-export-a-spline-from-giants-editor-into-blender-to-create-roadsrailways-updated/

• Like 1