New Giants Editor 9.0.4

WrinkleysRule

• Wrinkley

After testing all the scripts it seems that they all still work with the new editor.

However there is a new GUI set up for scripts in Giants Editor (user attributes no longer used for variables) so I will be updating all the scripts to use this new system along with some slight coding changes for better perfomance,

You can check out the new GUI system by selecting Scripts --Terrain --Painy Terrain By Spline

also the Giants Editor version of the Set Terrain Height by Spline now has a smoothing option.

The new editor itself seems to be a lot better regarding terrain/ foliage painting with more masking options and less jagged edges.

IMPORTANT: Make sure you update the game to 1.9.1 before using otherwise there will e some strange effects in Giants editor on all maps.

Regarding the new spline adjustments in GE it appears that when you press Insert to create a new cv and then ctrl B to place it the previous cv is moved, at the moment to overcome this press Insert then down Arrow before ctrl B to place.

There is possibly another method detailed but I can't seem to find it at the moment.

• Thanks 1

• Wrinkley

Further info regarding splines.

It would appear that selecting the 'E' end of the spline (which I thought denoted the End of the spline) and selecting INSERT on the keyboard the new cv is inserted BUT the gizmo does not move to the new cv setting but remains on the previous one requiring the down arrow to be selected before Ctrl B placing of the new cv

If the down arrow is not selected before inserting anothe cv (on the 'E' endof the spline) the subsequent cv's will be placed back along the spline towards the 'S' cv

However selecting the 'S' cv and selecting INSERT on the keyboard the new cv is inserted and the gizmo moves to the new cv location so not requiring the down arrow to be selected before Ctrl B placing

I find it hard to see how this set up is an 'improvement'

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WrinkleysRule said:

Weitere Infos zu Splines.

Es scheint, dass durch Auswählen des 'E'-Endes des Splines (was meiner Meinung nach das Ende des Splines bezeichnete) und Auswählen von EINFÜGEN auf der Tastatur der neue CV eingefügt wird, ABER das Gizmo wechselt nicht zur neuen CV-Einstellung, sondern bleibt auf dem vorheriger, bei dem der Abwärtspfeil ausgewählt werden muss, bevor der neue Lebenslauf mit Strg B platziert wird

Wenn der Pfeil nach unten nicht ausgewählt wird, bevor ein weiterer CV eingefügt wird (am „E“-Ende des Splines), werden die nachfolgenden CVs wieder entlang des Splines in Richtung des „S“-CV platziert

Wenn Sie jedoch den 'S'-Lebenslauf auswählen und EINFÜGEN auf der Tastatur auswählen, wird der neue Lebenslauf eingefügt und das Gizmo bewegt sich an die neue Lebenslaufposition, sodass der Abwärtspfeil nicht ausgewählt werden muss, bevor Strg B platziert wird

Ich finde es schwer zu sehen, wie dieses Setup eine "Verbesserung" ist

habe es mal probiert kommt mir das nur so vor das man jetzt besser kurven verlegen kann 

• Wrinkley

I had no problems with laying crves before, all I am saying is that creating a spline layout just got more confusing, before it was just a case of selecting either end point ('S' or 'E') selecting Insert and Ctrl B  to place the cv on the terrain at the point of your cursor, simple, now you have to be careful which end you start with otherwise you end up going backwards.

One sorely needed function in the editor is to allow export of the spline as a nurbs curve (for use in 3d modelling software), something that has been asked for many times over the years along with updated instructions and tutorials.

• Thanks 2

• Wrinkley

What scripts are you trying to save as none of the scripts require saving before execution in the Script Editor in Giants Editor all are created and executed using User Attributes (Set up script) for Entry and selecting the main script for execution.

For example with the CSV script

Select  ---Spline CSV Creator Set Up --User attributes created

Enter your Map name

Enter the distance you want between the cv's

Select --- Spline CSV Creator script

The script will have been executed the relevant folder placed in your map root folder.

• Wrinkley

Answered query by PM but for anyone else with this problem all I can suggest is save your work and re boot Giants Editor.

I have had this happen several times using the inbuilt scripts on the previous version of Giants Editor and it looks like it is also happening with this version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Wrinkley

There is another problem with the 9.0.4 version of Giants Editor that occurs when exporting terrain as an obj file.

Previously when exporting you could limit what section of terrain you wanted to export by just using the viewport window a sort of what you see is what you get.

Unfortunately wth this current version when you export the terrain you export the WHOLE terrain regardless of the viewport settings./position which can lead to problems with

low spec computers.

• Like 1