Issues to open my map

Flywilson

Hi guys, my name is Wilson and I'm new in this community, I need help. I started a map and today I was editing it and the exact same moment I clicked to save the game the power went off and my PC turned off without completing the saving, when I rebooted it the map don't open anymore, it opens the Giants Editor and right after that closes, the only backup I have is old, I have made a lot of changes, is there any way to recover the previous save? Thank you.

• Wrinkley

Slightly confused with your problem, were you editing in game or with Giants Editor

I clicked to save the game

, if in game then you can check your saveGameBackup folder to see if you have a more recent automatic save.

However if you were editing in Giants Editor when the crash occurred then I'm afraid you have lost your changes, try opening the map again in Giants Editor and check the editor_log.txt file (C:\Users\Your Computer Names\AppData\Local\GIANTS Editor 64bit 9.0.3\editor_log.txt) to see what errors (if any are listed) and correct them, it maybe just an map.i3d corrupted text problem which happens sometimes with normal saves.

1 hour ago, WrinkleysRule said:

Slightly confused with your problem, were you editing in game or with Giants Editor

, if in game then you can check your saveGameBackup folder to see if you have a more recent automatic save.

However if you were editing in Giants Editor when the crash occurred then I'm afraid you have lost your changes, try opening the map again in Giants Editor and check the editor_log.txt file (C:\Users\Your Computer Names\AppData\Local\GIANTS Editor 64bit 9.0.3\editor_log.txt) to see what errors (if any are listed) and correct them, it maybe just an map.i3d corrupted text problem which happens sometimes with normal saves.

Yeah, I think I lost my changes, when I open the log ALL the transform groups have errors...