Silo production

Bigpapa76

i am curious if its possible to make a silo or some factory that accepts all fruit types but then can set it to distribute to all factories that need that crop. like the factories are set up now to store, sell, or distribute. would love to see something like that for FS22

thanks

bigpapa

• Wrinkley

I take it you mean something along the lines of a distribution warehouse where you deliver all you crops/items to, then they are automatically distributed to whoever needs them and then pays out to the farmer (minus storage and transport costs).

Then there would be no need for any production facilities as there would be no direct interaction between the farmer and factories (which is why Giants introduced production) and everything would be done on paper so to speak, however if this was available as an option to the farmer so he could make the decision where to sell depending on the return he would get it could be a way of adding a bit more variety to the game.

for example i put wheat in the silo/ factory then it be set up tp distribute to the factory that makes flour and so forth with other crops. just like other factories i can choose to store, sell or distribute. i also understand what saying on how is farmer paid and what are the cost. just an idea i was throwing out there

• Wrinkley

Where something like that would work very well is in the multiplayer mode where one player is in charge of the ditribution centre and sells the produce on behalf of the farmer(s) getting the best price and paying the farmer after deductions (storage,transport and the distributers profit). Also as this would only be a paper excersise (extra production models would create to many slots for console players) you could have multiple, say grain mills all competing on price for the farmers goods and the player in charge of distribution sells to the highest bidder.

At the moment the farmer only has the direct sell option i.e transport his own goods to the production facility (cutting out the middleman "distibution").

C'mon bdbssb I'm sure you have some thoughts on this idea

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

what both of you are suggesting can be done. I had a play around with the concept of building a Giga-Factory and in principle it works, although I had some issues with certain products that just didn’t want to play nicely with their new home. Those flaky culprits being wood, planks and cotton bales. During the testing phase all the rest of the products did work as intended. I’m sure that minor issues could be sorted out, but for me it was more a case of “proof of concept”. 

gigafactory.thumb.png.ddf547403f44226bef1801bbea145452.png

As for the control of prices we used sell price triggers, just to be sure we were always getting top dollar in our mp sessions.

SellTriggers.thumb.png.094314f6153d8d7696f639d170f634d1.png

But since production revamp has been released I feel that its a more immersive way to go forward ;)