Houdini

OlaHaldor

The past Year I have been teaching myself Houdini, which I thought would be the ultimate "do it all" tool for maps. 🙂

With the toolkit I've made I can 

• create roads which will adapt to and adjust the heightmap (including AI and traffic splines)
  • create railway tracks which will adapt to and adjust the heightmap, and create the required spline for the train system
  • create road barriers
  • create cascading rivers with flowmaps
  • create field dimensions which at the same time will smooth the rough terrain beneath, and export helper objects to create all the field dimensions in one click in GE
  • texture the map using different selectors such as slope and height, road and railroad mask
  • scatter rocks and cliffs based on different rules
  • scatter trees based on different rules

I Have more ideas for tools in the future!

Below is a sample of most of the tools combined and how one tool can dictate where the next is allowed to work. For instance a road will create a mask, which tells the tree scatter tool that it cannot spawn trees there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you what to do - but I can ask; what other hobbies are completely free? Bikes, motorcycles, gym membership, racing go karts, drawing or painting etc.. Perspective 🙂

Anyway, I hope more will find interest in Houdini so we can build and grow the toolbox together :)

• 2 weeks later...