street mapping

danny985

hello everyone, I recently joined because I had and still need to remap a new road on fs 22 I tried to follow all the tutorials highlighted but I can't create the mesh needed for road construction even following the tutorial for blender 2.79. can anyone tell me if there are other ways to build roads?

• Wrinkley

One of the other ways is to use Spline Street Constructor for which it is best to look on youTube for tutorials etc.

You say you can't create the road mesh using any of the tutorials, as the road mesh in 2.79 is based on the spline and in later versions uses the spline does this mean you are having problems with creating the spline itstself

yes...in fact I started with blender 3.4 and downloaded everything I needed from the forum but no mesh...I tried to use previous versions of blender but no results were always the same (no mesh)I also found that the download.zip( csvimport) is valid from version 3.2 and later or at least 3.2 then I tried to follow the part of version 2.79 and downloaded everything necessary but also no mesh. So I was wondering if I did something wrong and where or if there was some other program/method.if you can help me I would be grateful.spline constructor already tried but there must be some error in the script because it keeps reading me the positions of the splines in error(false)

yes...in fact I started with blender 3.4 and downloaded everything I needed from the forum but no mesh...I tried to use previous versions of blender but no results were always the same (no mesh)I also found that the download.zip( csvimport) is valid from version 3.2 and later or at least 3.2 then I tried to follow the part of version 2.79 and downloaded everything necessary but also no mesh. So I was wondering if I did something wrong and where or if there was some other program/method.if you can help me I would be grateful. spline constructor already tried but there must be some error in the script because it keeps reading me the positions of the splines in error(false)

• Wrinkley

Starting from the beginning

Download the Spline Panels zip and unzip and install into C:/Users/Your Computer Name/AppData/Local/GIANTS Editor 64bit 9.0.4/scripts

Download the Blender plugin for SplineCsv data and install into BLender in the normal manner (Tutorial will show operation if unsure)

Open GE and create a spline, adjust to the roadway shape you want, then select Scripts --Panel Scripts --Spline CSV Creator Panel

with the spline selected Set Csv Distance to 5 and select Create CSV, a splineCSVdata.txt  file and a new splineCSV.i3d will be created in a CSVData folder in the same folder as your map.i3d

Open Blender 3.2 (or above)

Select File Import-- Import Spline data (txt)

In the pop up File Browser navigate to where the splineCSV.Data.txt file is located with the file selected, select Import CSV

After importing the splineCSV data into Blender,  Is there a splineCsv mesh in Blender (bear in mind the spline mesh will be at the world location it is in GE so it is imperative the view setting clipEnd is set to 10000m)

Good question ... it doesn't work for me I tried them all with and without setting of the road including height and painting but nothing is wrong it seems that there is something that makes interference but it is not going. it reads coordinates and everything but it does not appear to me the zero mesh the total void

Simply following your steps but it doesn't work it doesn't show me anything ... I solved it in another way, I created a road model through blender and then through the placement of the spline I created the road