Blender Plugin (3.0.0 and above) for SplineCSV Data.

WrinkleysRule

• Wrinkley

This plugin is for Blender version 3.0.0 and above.

It allows the SplineCSV data created in the Spline CSV Creator script to be directly imported into Blender instead of having to use an earlier version of Blender and exporting/importing as an obj.

Installation

Download the spline_csv_importer.zip file at the bottom of this topic.

Open Blender (3.0.0 and above)

Select –Edit—Preferences –Install and in the file browser navigate to where you saved the spline_csv_importer.zip file, Select and Install the Add-on.

Once installed Activate it by selecting the check box (a single Left click usually brings up the Activation and Information panel)

The Add-on can also be found in the Blender Preferences panel under Import-Export: Spline CSV Importer.

To use the spline_csv_importer add on;

Select File –Import – Import_Spline Data (*txt)

A file Browser Panel will pop up, (an undocumented operator panel appear but this can be ignored it just means I haven’t documented it with Blender),

Navigate to where your CSVdata folder has been created in your map root directory, double click to open the folder and select the required spline_Csvdata.txt file and select Import CSV . on the file browser.

The spline_CSVdata will have been placed in a separate Collection named SplineCSV , retaining the original name,converted to an edge mesh and placed at the same location the spline in your map was, see image below for reference.

ZhUjEXK.png

All subsequent spline_CSVdata when added will be placed in this new Collection.

Note:

This Add-on will only create an single edge mesh (no other type of mesh) from a txt file created in the same format as the spline_CSVdata.txt file (i.e. no header), coordinates in the spline_CSVdata.tx have already been converted to the Blender format in the CSV Creator script and can be exported as an i3d or Nurbs curves (spline)directly back into Giants Editor.

This new method will be placed in the relevant tutorial (along with a second copy of the spline_csv_importer.zip)

https://farmerboysmodding.com/index.php?/topic/2413-export-a-spline-from-giants-editor-into-blender-to-create-roadsrailways-updated/

replacing the old method

spline_csv_importer.zip

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hello, I cant seam to fine the blender version 3.0.0 file in my GIANTS editor, I run windows 11 and use GE 9.0.4, I have opened scripts folder and found it was not in there, please could you let me know what i am doing wrong and where to find it please.

Dave

• Wrinkley

The spline_csv-importer zip does not go into the giants editor scripts folder it is installed in  Blender  as per the instructions in the tutorial above.

The script that should be installed in Giants Editor is the Spline Csv Creator Panel available here

https://farmerboysmodding.com/index.php?/topic/2439-new-spline-paint-height-csv-field-creationdimension-panel-scripts/

download the zip, extract the files then add them to

C:\Users\Your Computer name\AppData\Local\GIANTS Editor 64bit 9.0.4\scripts