Updated Spline, CSV, Height, Paint, Place, Scripts(Solved)

WrinkleysRule

image.thumb.png.a4f7b93d7465a6aae4d33cd9700f0d9a.png

This is my first map and waiting to create the roads...😭

12 minutes ago, WrinkleysRule said:

I have updated these scripts together with new tutoirials, unfortunately due to restrictions on lenght of posts on this forum I am unable to post them until this problem can be sorted.

Hope this problem can be solved soon. Your tutorials are great.. Thank you very much.

• WrinkleysRule changed the title to Updated Spline, CSV, Height, Paint, Place, Scripts(Solved)
  • Wrinkley

First in answer to your question about keys, simply click on the Help in GE and select Keyboard Shortcuts and it will give a list of all the keyboard commands

Secondly, no in its current form the Spline Placement script only places objects, for it to work in placing road sections it would need to be able to distort the mesh for the corners and adjust any texture(s) accordingly. If I remeber right there was a script that could do that around FS17 time but it was never released, I notice that the fence placement in game allows for deformation so maybe  there may be a script coming in future updates of GE.

There are several ways of creating road layoute, one of which is detailed in the Export a Spline from Giants Editor into Blender to Create Roads/Railways (Updated)  tutorial another is the Spline Strret Constructor by TracMax a Quick Google search should provide several othyers.

Thanks. Actually I think that tool you mean is splinestreetconstructor, I downloaded v1.64 yesterday and it works great in GE 9.0.3. Easy to use though in German, but a British Youtube Video was easy to follow by David Brown. Got the Paint and Spline Placement script worked out too.

Still playing about at present, to get best out Scripts. Seems FS22 has its own problems for Map builders, FS17 was brilliant, had so many mods.

Ah Thanks, I have got it translated, but never read it. The Video told me what i needed, but might be other things you can do.

I always use Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, but you have to remember Batteries, sometimes last little time, especially as on Computer all the time.

• Wrinkley

The problem is not battery related as I use a G503 and powerplay system with the mouse, keyboard is an old K270 but both display pop up warnings if a battery problem appears.

The problem seems to occur when one of my 2tb external ssd's kicks in possibly due to proximity of usb socket connections

Right sorry to be a PITA. Using Spline Placement, in this case Hedges or Fences, I have tried various ways but the Placed Objects are alway 90 degrees out. I have looked at a Video where he changes the rotation, but still does not work. The answer is staring me in the face I expect, but after numerous attempts, thought I better ask 🙂

• Wrinkley

Whilst I cannot comment on any other tutorial as it may not use the script versions posted here, I suggest when placing a transform group with objects inside it you first select the transform group and freeze transform translate/scale/rotation settings before adding it to the objectsToPlace transform.

I appear to have missed putting this in the tutorial so I will update the tutorial to include this note

• 2 weeks later...
  • WrinkleysRule changed the title to Updated Spline, CSV, Height, Paint, Place, Scripts(Solved)