Blender Help

phillywonka

• Wrinkley

To the right of that red box (which is an inset showing the CSV Mesh importer Before selecting Add) shown in your picture is a section labled CSV Mesh Importer this is where you import your csv text file

From the " Export a Spline into Blender as a CSV to create Roads/Railways" tutorial

Import CSV file

Select “Point list containing X.Y,Z columns in File Type menu
Select the folder icon at the end of the .csv File Path: selection box and browse to where you saved the CSV.txt file and click Accept (top left)
Ensure that comma[,] is selected in the Delimiter section
Click the Add Button and in the configuration box below
Select Create vertices only and in the pop up box select “Create vertices and edges (single line)”
The X,Y,Z column details can be left as is (the script has already allowed for the axis labelling).
In Object Name put csvSplineRoad.
Select import
The csvRoadSpline mesh will appear in the Scene panel at the top as a mesh,  select this and zoom out till you can see it
(it will be at the same  world location as it was in your map, hence the high camera clip distance ‘End 10km’ in the view menu). Do not change the location of this mesh as it will cause problems when aligning the finished road in GE.

• Wrinkley

And what are your camera settings in Blender ??

Also what mode are you in,  User Perspective or User Ortho

You can of course go straight to the position of any object by selecting that object (in object mode of course) and using the decimal point (full Stop key) on the numpad

• Wrinkley

It would appear from both your posts and the numerous pm's you have sent me regarding this tutorial that you only have a rudimentary knowledge of GE and Blender, so before you go any further I suggest you next learn how to use  Blender, there are several good you tube video's from dealing with the basics right up to professional standard below are acouple of links to get you started

https://www.youtube.com/c/GrantAbbitt/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/AndrewPPrice --aka Blender guru

Thanks for the refresher. I've sorta figured out how to get the sline in. How do I fix the road section? Its attaching from side to side inside of straight on? Also I don't have any textures? Last thing once I save it as a i3d I need to put the original coordinates back in it correct? Thank you!

• Wrinkley

"How do I fix the road section? Its attaching from side to side inside of straight on?"

You will have to be a bit more specific on that query , an image might help, but anyway make sure your road section is aligned along the X axis (see the tutorial)

Regarding the road section , you have to create and texture the section yourself the one in the tutorial is 5m x 7m (L x W) but you can create one as large as you like but bear in mind it will need to be short enough to align to any bends/corners.

If you do as the tutorial says and Do Not change the position once imported into Blender then the road section will still be at the same coordinates as it was in GE, however if you have changed the position you will have to input the original spline coordinates after importing into GE

• Wrinkley

I take you mean that its joined in width rather than length. in which case as I said before ensure your road section is aligned along the X axis, if it is then simply change the road section shape so that the length is aligned along the X axis and the width along the Y axis. Also bear in mind that a road section will have a greater width than length ( to allow for bends).

• Wrinkley

You can only edit the road in Blender, so to make things easier, first create two primitive cubes in GE and place one at the start and one at the end of your proposed edit as markers

Ensure that both cubes are in the road section transform that you want to edit and export the transform group as an .obj, open in Blender and edit the road section as you require adding bridges etc as necessary.

Once done delete the cubes and export you new edited road section as an i3d and reimport it into your map, if any further editing required just repeat the method, minus the cubes of course.

Alternately you could edit the the relevant spline and redo the road in blender as before.

• Wrinkley

I notice you are using a mod, do any of the base game vehicles do the same if not then you mod is the problem otherwise the only other thing maybe is that you haven't saved the GE map correctly.

When editing a map on the fly so to speak, always ensure that you only have a unzipped map folder in your mods folder and work from that,  also ensure that you do not have a zipped copy in your mods folder as the game will always take the zip details not the folder

• Wrinkley

From your statement it would appear you are modifying an unzipped folder in GE and then rezipping it to check it in game, so it is quite possible that you haven't saved /rezipped the corrected version.

I suggest you follow the method described previously and repeated below, that way you will always have the edited version being read by the game, another point when editing maps do not use a savegame always start a new game for obvious reasons.

When editing a map on the fly so to speak, always ensure that you only have a unzipped map folder in your mods folder and work from that,  also ensure that you do not have a zipped copy in your mods folder as the game will always take the zip details not the folder

What was the result when using base game vehicles in your map????

• Wrinkley

And this occurs on all roads with any vehicle base game or otherwise,

However I did notice that the road you show in your picture of the rigid body tab appears to be a different road to the one the vehicle is on in your first image,  where it appears to have just come under the bridge shown in the highlighted second  image.

• Wrinkley
The collision box is selected automatically when you select rigid body, no other box needs to be selected.

As a test create a primitive plane and selecting the rigid body tab extend it across the two roads (as another bridge) and drive a base gamer vehicle  over that and see what happens.

Futhermore remove all mods from your mods folder so you only have the map in that folder

• Wrinkley

There is your answer your road has too many polygons, try splitting the road into smaller sections  or reduce the number of polygons (both operations done in Blender), for reference see the way the base game roads are implemented, for example the total poly count for the roadsCity in Elmcreek is 69,149 but each transform section is no larger than 6000 and looking at your previous screenshot just one of your roads has close on 63,000.