Load Tractor Modding Help

thebigc

Hello,

I've been trying to convert a fs17  mod to fs 19, but I'm having some trouble. As of right now this is my first conversion , I'm am using the Class Xerion mod by Smety(CMT). I was able to use the Giants editor to convert the tractor mod, once converted I went over the script file , "Xerion.xml" and fine tune some items. I'm current stuck with two errors.

ERROR: Unable to find vehicle type name 'FS19_Claas_Xerion.class/############/ xerion.xml

I've uploaded a image with the error, any thoughts?... I feel like I'm overlooking something.

fsScreen_2019_02_21_06_36_08.png

Morning,

For anyone that is interested, I was able to get the mod to load on the game. My second line on the vehicle xml was reading,

<vehicle type="claas">

Instead of

<vehicle type="tractor">

Easy fix, thank you anyway. Now she just needs  some more fine tuning,. The front wheels spin when the tractor is stationary ,moving the tractor forward at all times. Any thoughts on this?

fsScreen_2019_02_22_06_08_10.png

fsScreen_2019_02_22_06_09_54.png

Sorry just came across this.  Question did you get the wheels to crab steer?  The vehicle type has to be edited.  This subject just caught by eye because I have been discussing it via discord.  As far as the wheels, it sounds like they are pulling from rotating parts rather than a wheel index.  Double check your wheel section compared to another working tractor.  There is a "repr" and a "driveNode".  Be sure to compare xml and the i3d.  Like I said I have an individual in my discord that is working on the same tractor, they may be willing to work with you.

I haven't been able to get the wheels to crab steer yet, I'll definitely go check the wheel section and compare it to another tractor.  There was a really good mod released  not to long ago that features the Xerion, I'm going to try and go  and compare  these two.  I would love to work with someone else on this mod, I've modded other games before but this is really my first ever farming simulator mod.

If that is the tractor that has crab steer and reverse driving you have to make your own vehicle type. You do that in the modDesc. You need a list of all the vehicle specializations. I’m not sure giants has released it publically yet. To get an idea of what I am talking about look at the modDesc of my liquid storage pack. I had to make a fuel tank specialization adjustment. Once you add all the specializations you want you make a customized vehicle type “name” then you put that name in the vehicles xml in the “type”.